Is Intermittent Fasting Helpful for Healthy Weight Loss? Exploring IF and its Benefits!
Intermittent fasting is gaining popularity as people are facing medical complexities due to other weight-loss diet plans. This practice has been adopted since the evolution of humanity when food and other resources were scarce.
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern in which one abstains from food during a planned period. Unlike other diet plans, the time of consumption of food is regulated instead of the type of food items consumed. You can take non-caloric beverages like water, unsweetened tea, and coffee throughout the fasting period, as well. This style of diet is harmless and effective if it suits you well.
The Methods of Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting requires skipping meals usually in a planned order, thus reducing calorie intake. You need to stay on a healthy-low calorie diet and avoid binge eating during your mealtime. Here are a few models of intermittent fasting.
- The 16/8 diet: Eat small portions of meals within the 8 hours set according to your choice, and fast the rest of the 16 hours.
- The 5:2 diet: Choose any two non- consecutive days of the week when you will intake only up to 500-600 calories throughout the 24 hours while you eat as you like the rest of the days.
- Alternate day fasting: Fast every alternate day from one dinner till the next. You can take a few hundred calories in order to not be too harsh on yourself.
- Spontaneous meal skip: Skip meals whenever you’re not in the mood to cook or feeling hungry. Eat the rest of the meals of the day normally.
- The warrior diet: Eat relatively small portions of vegetables and fruits throughout the day and have one full meal out of the usual three comprising of unprocessed food.
Keep your meals within 400 to 500 calories. Try to eat healthy foods instead of surviving on processed and junk food. Fruits, vegetables, and fresh juices provide plenty of nutrients and help enhance your immune system.
Why is it Better than the Classical Diet Approaches?
The intermittent fasts are replacing the classical diet plans because of a few prominent advantages:
- It helps in noticeable weight loss without causing muscle loss.
- Improves metabolic rate and increases Human Growth Hormone HGH.
- It helps reduce blood sugar and insulin and prevents the chances of type 2 diabetes.
- This eating pattern leads to slow aging and an increased lifespan.
- Reduce the chances of cancer and strengthen the immune system to fight back all sorts of diseases.
Intermittent diet style is not just a beneficial solution but also weights lighter on pocket as you do not require expert services to devise a detailed plan. You do not require taking any additional costly supplements as you do not deprive your body of any of the nutrients. You do not need to prepare special meals for yourself. You’re free to eat what is cooked for everyone else in the family. The only trick is to eat a small portion in the no-fast duration and avoid junk and fats.
If the benefits of intermittent fasting hook you, begin today. In case you suffer from any medical complications, consult your doctor before embarking on any diet regimen.
More in Health & Fitness
Decoding The Superiority Of Superfoods
Don’t you feel the word “superfoods” has recently caught a little too much attention? It makes us feel like it’s going...September 17, 2020
Bored of Everyone Telling You to Eat Healthy? Take These Tips & Forget About The Rest
Most people misunderstand the term “healthy eating.” Some believe it means limiting what you can eat, staying away from your favorite...September 17, 2020
Is it Healthy to Skip the Protein-rich Diet? Understanding the Importance of Protein in Your Diet
In recent years low protein diets are trending world over. People start following a specific diet plan that proves to be...September 7, 2020
How to Ensure the Right Balance of Iodine in Your Diet- Understanding the Importance of Iodine in the Human Body
Iodine is an essential micronutrient that is required by our thyroid glands to produce hormones, triiodothyronine (T3), and thyroxine (T4). These hormones...September 5, 2020
Blueberry – The Purplish-Blue Elixir Fruit From Heaven!
They might not be conventionally pretty, but blueberries have a color to die for! The purplish-blue hue these yummilicious berries grant...September 2, 2020
The Mediterranean Diet: the Sure-Fire Way to Live a Healthier Life
The countries that lie across the Mediterranean Sea, such as Italy, Greece, and Spain, consume a diet based on fresh farm...August 29, 2020
James Blunt Discloses his Battle with Scurvy- Exploring the Importance of Proper Nutrition for the Human Body
Most people feel better after changing their diet plan but, for the ‘You’re Beautiful’ singer James Blunt, the decision to make...August 28, 2020
Spinach – The Green Leaves Your Body Will Be More Than Happy With
Who amongst us doesn’t remember, even admire, the famous muscular sailor “Popeye” – that cartoon that introduced us to the benefits...August 27, 2020
Summer’s Treasures- Watermelon and Its Health Benefits
We have a handful of summertime staple fruits on our list, and watermelon is undoubtedly in our top 5 picks. Not...August 26, 2020