Is Intermittent Fasting Helpful for Healthy Weight Loss? Exploring IF and its Benefits!
Intermittent fasting is gaining popularity as people are facing medical complexities due to other weight-loss diet plans. This practice has been adopted since the evolution of humanity when food and other resources were scarce.
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern in which one abstains from food during a planned period. Unlike other diet plans, the time of consumption of food is regulated instead of the type of food items consumed. You can take non-caloric beverages like water, unsweetened tea, and coffee throughout the fasting period, as well. This style of diet is harmless and effective if it suits you well.
The Methods of Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting requires skipping meals usually in a planned order, thus reducing calorie intake. You need to stay on a healthy-low calorie diet and avoid binge eating during your mealtime. Here are a few models of intermittent fasting.
- The 16/8 diet: Eat small portions of meals within the 8 hours set according to your choice, and fast the rest of the 16 hours.
- The 5:2 diet: Choose any two non- consecutive days of the week when you will intake only up to 500-600 calories throughout the 24 hours while you eat as you like the rest of the days.
- Alternate day fasting: Fast every alternate day from one dinner till the next. You can take a few hundred calories in order to not be too harsh on yourself.
- Spontaneous meal skip: Skip meals whenever you’re not in the mood to cook or feeling hungry. Eat the rest of the meals of the day normally.
- The warrior diet: Eat relatively small portions of vegetables and fruits throughout the day and have one full meal out of the usual three comprising of unprocessed food.
Keep your meals within 400 to 500 calories. Try to eat healthy foods instead of surviving on processed and junk food. Fruits, vegetables, and fresh juices provide plenty of nutrients and help enhance your immune system.
Why is it Better than the Classical Diet Approaches?
The intermittent fasts are replacing the classical diet plans because of a few prominent advantages:
- It helps in noticeable weight loss without causing muscle loss.
- Improves metabolic rate and increases Human Growth Hormone HGH.
- It helps reduce blood sugar and insulin and prevents the chances of type 2 diabetes.
- This eating pattern leads to slow aging and an increased lifespan.
- Reduce the chances of cancer and strengthen the immune system to fight back all sorts of diseases.
Intermittent diet style is not just a beneficial solution but also weights lighter on pocket as you do not require expert services to devise a detailed plan. You do not require taking any additional costly supplements as you do not deprive your body of any of the nutrients. You do not need to prepare special meals for yourself. You’re free to eat what is cooked for everyone else in the family. The only trick is to eat a small portion in the no-fast duration and avoid junk and fats.
If the benefits of intermittent fasting hook you, begin today. In case you suffer from any medical complications, consult your doctor before embarking on any diet regimen.
More in Health & Fitness
These Instagram-Worthy Spots Prove That ‘Dreary’ London Can Be Totally Vibrant
Keeping an aesthetically-pleasing Instagram page is a hobby for many people, influencer or not. What others don’t know though is the...December 19, 2020
Everyday Foods That Cause Bloating and What to Substitute Them With
If you have ever experienced bloating, then you would know how extremely uncomfortable and painful it feels — not to mention...December 18, 2020
The Truth About Turmeric: How Can We Benefit From This Miraculous Spice?
Many cultures that value traditional medicine understand how important turmeric is. For many years, this wonder spice has been linked to...December 17, 2020
The Dangers of Unconscious Eating: How to Practice Mindfulness When Snacking
Most, if not all, of us love to snack – when binge-watching our favorite TV shows, finishing tasks, or browsing through...December 3, 2020
Here Are Healthy Snacks You Can Munch On If You Are Diagnosed with Diabetes
Being diagnosed with diabetes doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a death sentence. However, suffering from this condition means you should be careful...December 3, 2020
Subtle Eating Behaviors That Indicate an Unhealthy Relationship with Food
Being in an unhealthy relationship can make you feel unloved and unappreciated, but did you know that you can also have...November 30, 2020
These Sweet Snacks Are Far Healthier Than Typical Store-Bought Sugary Foods!
If you have a sweet tooth, you may find it hard to avoid sugary foods. However, there are lots of reasons...October 19, 2020
Stop Gulping Too Much Lemon Water Or You May Suffer These Consequences
Lemon water has been praised for its link to many health benefits, including aiding in weight loss and boosting our immune...October 6, 2020
Did You Know That You Might Have Contracted the Novel Coronavirus and Recovered Without Even Realizing It?
Continuous researches and studies by experts state that people had started getting infected by coronavirus before the lockdown even started. If...October 5, 2020